Maniaradio Forums

Full Version: Bkt Server crash and won't start
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I am attempting to run BktRemote Server on an WinXP SP3 PC but I am having a problem. I have the CatBkt working successfully with a Yaesu FT2000. All ports and IP is working fine.

The problem is that the BktRemote Server application will not launch after the first installation. It works for the first time, but if it crashes or if you restart the PC, BktRemote Server will not open again. Clicking on the BktRemote Server icon launches the CatBkt application but NOT the BktRemoteServer application - it does not start. In the task manager I can see the BktRemoteServer.exe process, but it is not working and I can not open the user interface, or connect to it. If I force close the active processes, it still will not open. (There is also NO taskbar / tray icon).

Can you offer me any advice please? I really want to have the server working and stable for my Android client.

(Also, PLEASE offer a paid, No ADS app!) I HATE the ads!

Cheers, Pez
Hi,
try to run BktRemoteServer as Administrator, or try to disable antivirus.
Thanks for the reply. I have tried this and I am still having the same issue.

I have discovered that if I rename the CatBkt.exe file (eg, to "CatBktABC.exe" to disable the CatBtk application, then the BktRemoteServer user interface will launch, but will tell me that CatBkt is not installed (of course - as expected).

Does this give you any ideas?

Could I download an earlier version to see if I can get it to work perhaps? Is there a download link for any previous versions?

Cheers, Pez
Check the versions of the programs: BktRemoteServer 1.1.0 works with CatBkt 1.8.1 and CatBktExtension (locate in c:\windows\system32) 1.18.0.

Tries to run first CatBkt and then BktRemoteServer.