Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion: Allow user to set when clock update occurs
Hello Mauro,

I have been struggling with a clock problem while using JT65-HF and a friend suggested BktTS. In struggling with this clock problem I realize that all time correction utilities will apply the correction at the :00 second point. Of course for JT65, this means that the correction occurs during the start of the receive/transmit period, which might affect the QSO. JT65 QSOs occur from :00 to 0:48 seconds every minute. If BktTS would allow the user to set when the clock update occurs, we could set the update to occur between 0:48 and 0:59 seconds, so that the correction does not occur during the receive/transmit period.

Hope this suggestion is useful to you. Thank you for creating and maintaining this excellent software.

...dtw
W6DTW Wrote:Hello Mauro,

I have been struggling with a clock problem while using JT65-HF and a friend suggested BktTS. In struggling with this clock problem I realize that all time correction utilities will apply the correction at the :00 second point. Of course for JT65, this means that the correction occurs during the start of the receive/transmit period, which might affect the QSO. JT65 QSOs occur from :00 to 0:48 seconds every minute. If BktTS would allow the user to set when the clock update occurs, we could set the update to occur between 0:48 and 0:59 seconds, so that the correction does not occur during the receive/transmit period.

Hope this suggestion is useful to you. Thank you for creating and maintaining this excellent software.

...dtw

Hi,
thanks for the tip, if possible, will be integrated in the next version.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT