Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BktTimeSync - start up - W7/64
Hi forum,
I wonder if anybody else has the same trouble that I experience at system start-up.
I use BktTimeSync under W7/64, it does not start automaticaly at system boot up. It should be launched manualy and then each time it is activated, I get a system warning asking if I agree that this program access my disk.
I uninstalled it, cleared all remaining stuff, rebooted to get a fresh system and then made a new installation which exhibit the same trouble at start-up.
Is there anything I mishandled ?
If program auto start behaves normaly elsewhere, any suggestion will be most welcome.
For the rest, BktTimeSync works just fine !
Rémy f6abj.
Hi Rémy,
run the program and check "Start on windows startup"
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Hi Mauro,
With thanks for your suggestion. This was already checked before. I double checked this morning, on, off, and on again, it is standing same, auto start does not work on my setup. When I manualy start BktTimeSync, it goes through the windows procedure asking if I agree for this program to access the disk, just like if it was a new installation. May be something went wrong during the very first installation and stays engraved in the registry or somewhere in the system ?
We intend to have one day or another a wspr 2m stand alone machine whose time/freq reference will only be GPS, BktTimeSync auto start will be a key element.
At the first opportunity today, i will istall BktTimeSync on another W7-64 machine. There might be something stupid within my first target machine...
Thanks again for the good work,
Best regards / 73,
Rémy (25% Italian blood !)
You can manually add a scheduled task, look here: http://www.techsupportalert.com/content/...dows-7.htm.

Remember to select Run with highest privileges look here http://www.7tutorials.com/advanced-users...-scheduler
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Dear Mauro,
Problem solved ! (Cockpit error...)
I installed BktTimeSync on another machine, auto start-up was found OK, nevertheless, I noticed a delay that I did not expect between W7 desk opening and BktTimeSync start-up.
This lead me to conclude that on my on-line machine an I3 more loaded instead of the tested powerfull I5, delay might well be longer than expected. I was therefore more patient and about two minutes after desk opening BktTimeSync went up nicely on my wspr machine !
So >> Error on my side !!
I am very sorry for the trouble, many thanks anyway for your support and for the complementary information.
For my wspr application BktTimeSync is just wonderfull, congratulations it does exactly fit requirements.
I would say well thought, and even more, completed by the building of the corresponding piece of code, sometimes pain stacking work being the hidden part of the iceberg.
Best regards,
Rémy f6abj.