Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No date synchronization
Hi over there,

Little Problem:
I'm using GPS only (offline, without NTP). Here, it looks like only the time of day is beeing checked and synchronized.
Even if the GPS-receiver is delivering the date (via $GPRMC), it's just ignored.
This may lead to correct time of day, but wrong day. It happened to me, the program said something like "everything fine, clock adjusted, only some milliseconds away". But the PC was exactly one day ahead!
As there is no date processed from GPS, the setting of "maximum correction hours" (was set to 12h) didn't trap this.

Just be aware of that!

For the future: please also check the GPS-date, e.g. using the GPRMC-sentence (instead of GPGGA only)
You may then call it BktDateTimeSync Wink

Cheers,
Jochen
NoCS Wrote:Hi over there,

Little Problem:
I'm using GPS only (offline, without NTP). Here, it looks like only the time of day is beeing checked and synchronized.
Even if the GPS-receiver is delivering the date (via $GPRMC), it's just ignored.
This may lead to correct time of day, but wrong day. It happened to me, the program said something like "everything fine, clock adjusted, only some milliseconds away". But the PC was exactly one day ahead!
As there is no date processed from GPS, the setting of "maximum correction hours" (was set to 12h) didn't trap this.

Just be aware of that!

For the future: please also check the GPS-date, e.g. using the GPRMC-sentence (instead of GPGGA only)
You may then call it BktDateTimeSync Wink

Cheers,
Jochen

This issue has been resolved from version 1.4.2
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT