Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot load my registration file... crashes program
I have un-installed previous versions of the IC-7000 software. I just installed latest version (ic7000bkt_Setup.exe). I try to load my registration file. The program CRASHES.

I have done this over and over, disabling virus protection, etc.

I am on Windows XP.

I really need this to work. Perhaps the key file is corrupt? Or something else?

Please help me. Thank you

--
Tomas David Hood (Amateur Radio, NW7US)
Hi Tomas,
try this:
1) Uninstall the program
2) delete the program folder
3) install the program
4) load registration key

if this does not work, send me the file ic7000bkt.ini via email.

73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
I've just sent the .ini file - as I am still getting the error.

Thank you.
Hi Tomas,
I tried your INI file and see that the program has registered regularly.
I tried using your INI file and load your file key but does not give me any error and works well.
Verify that the program is installed in a folder with write permission.

Excluding the error to load the key, the program works ?
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
No, the program keeps thinking it is NOT registered because when I go to READ my Memories (so that I can make a backup), the program says it must first be registered. That is why I keep trying to register! Smile

OK, so I just changed all the permissions on the folder ... and now the program is allowing me to back up and also to read and store memories! It was a permissions thing! Thank you very much!!
Just as a point of reference that might be of use to the Admin in troubleshooting your bug, I have been using the BKT7000 software for awhile now (I like it), and I just noticed the latest 1.12.0 build about an hour ago. I did not delete the old version that I was using before I installed the latest update (I didn't think it was required), and the update took place without any drama at all. After the update was complete, I opened the application, and it was at the latest level, with all of my registration info intact.

I'm running Windows 7 64. You mentioned that you are running XP, and it might be possible that there is an issue with the latest version of the application, and the older OS. Just a thought, as you seem to have done everything right, and the previous version worked fine on your PC.

Best of luck,

Jim K (KQ4MK)