Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can not sync memory from IC7000BKT to IC7000
I'm connected to my IC7000 from my PC using the USB RIGTalk from Wester Radio
When I first bring up IC7000, the "Speed Communication Test in Progress" results in a good sync between the SW and the RTX
Any time I hit Synchronize after that, I get an error saying, "Serial port COM26 not working or communication error"
I have to go OFF LINE and then hit the Synchronize in order to have the SW and RTX synchronize
The BIG problem, is that I can't get the memory to synchronize. I load Bank A with what I want to download to my RTX. I hit synchronize pon the memory screen to load the new memory information to the RTX. I choose "Overwrite RTX" option. I click on "Start." At that point nothing happens. I have left it alone for a long time, but still nothing happens
It appears that once I'm synchronized, the connection is lost and I can never synchronize again without going off-line. In any event, I can never update the data bank on the IC7000
The reason I payed for your software and bought the RIGTalk was to be able to download what I want to the memory banks of the IC7000. I'm considering returning the RIGTalk and asking for a refund on the IC7000BKT donation I made. Right now, I'm very disappointed because I can't do the 1 thing that I want to be able to do.
Please advise.
Jule: KF7LOK
julianar Wrote:I'm connected to my IC7000 from my PC using the USB RIGTalk from Wester Radio
When I first bring up IC7000, the "Speed Communication Test in Progress" results in a good sync between the SW and the RTX
Any time I hit Synchronize after that, I get an error saying, "Serial port COM26 not working or communication error"
I have to go OFF LINE and then hit the Synchronize in order to have the SW and RTX synchronize
The BIG problem, is that I can't get the memory to synchronize. I load Bank A with what I want to download to my RTX. I hit synchronize pon the memory screen to load the new memory information to the RTX. I choose "Overwrite RTX" option. I click on "Start." At that point nothing happens. I have left it alone for a long time, but still nothing happens
It appears that once I'm synchronized, the connection is lost and I can never synchronize again without going off-line. In any event, I can never update the data bank on the IC7000
The reason I payed for your software and bought the RIGTalk was to be able to download what I want to the memory banks of the IC7000. I'm considering returning the RIGTalk and asking for a refund on the IC7000BKT donation I made. Right now, I'm very disappointed because I can't do the 1 thing that I want to be able to do.
Please advise.
Jule: KF7LOK

Hi Jule,
I have tested the program with the RIGTalk on Windows 7 and works very well, the reading of memories is perfect.
Try to change the COM of rigtalk by COM26 to a COM lower than the 10.
Also check this topic http://www.iz2bkt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6.
Please, give me your operating system.
If you are still problems, send me via e-mail the file ic7000bkt.ini you find in program folder.
Many users are using the program to download the memory and not a problem, you will see that we can resolve also your problems, however, if you want, I can refund your donation.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT