Maniaradio Forums

Full Version: High CPU Usage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have BktTimeSync 1.8.2 installed. I run on a Dell Latitude E6400, P8600 dual core, 8 GB ram, Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.
I use BktTimeSync for proper time calibration for use with WSJT-X.  Where I operate, I do not have internet, so I synchronize via my a COM port to a Garmin ETrexH.  
The time sync works just fine.  However, bkttimesync uses a lot of CPU.  If I close bkttimesync through in the interface, it closes, however the bkittimesync process keeps running and I have to terminate the program via Task Manager.
Anyone else have this issue or know what I can do to not have the program use so much CPU?
Thank You.
Kevin
(09-29-2017, 07:13 PM)krutzy Wrote: [ -> ]I have BktTimeSync 1.8.2 installed. I run on a Dell Latitude E6400, P8600 dual core, 8 GB ram, Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.
I use BktTimeSync for proper time calibration for use with WSJT-X.  Where I operate, I do not have internet, so I synchronize via my a COM port to a Garmin ETrexH.  
The time sync works just fine.  However, bkttimesync uses a lot of CPU.  If I close bkttimesync through in the interface, it closes, however the bkittimesync process keeps running and I have to terminate the program via Task Manager.
Anyone else have this issue or know what I can do to not have the program use so much CPU?
Thank You.
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
It could be a problem of the serial port, try to uncheck "Always connected to GPS" and raise "Max Error" in 1 second
(09-29-2017, 07:22 PM)iz2bkt Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-29-2017, 07:13 PM)krutzy Wrote: [ -> ]I have BktTimeSync 1.8.2 installed. I run on a Dell Latitude E6400, P8600 dual core, 8 GB ram, Win 7 Ultimate 64-Bit.
Thank You.
Kevin

Hi Kevin,
It could be a problem of the serial port, try to uncheck "Always connected to GPS" and raise "Max Error" in 1 second

I will try that! Thank you.
I know it has been a year.  I thought it may have been the GPS I was using cause other problems too (it would cause other errors so I did not contact back) so I didn't but you.  I have a new USB GPS Dongle with modern software.  So I have started using it again.  
I get the high CPU again.  Bkttimesync is running high CPU still.  I have always connect selected with the 1.0 max error.  Any ideas?
I have Windows 7 x64 and have attached a screen print of my settings.
Kevin
Hi Kevin,
I'm sorry but I don't see the screenshot.

High CPU usage while is synchronizing or always?
BktTimeSync executes regularly sync?

Try enabling the diagnostic log and attach it to your post.
(09-18-2018, 03:13 PM)iz2bkt Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Kevin,
I'm sorry but I don't see the screenshot.

High CPU usage while is synchronizing or always?
BktTimeSync executes regularly sync?

Try enabling the diagnostic log and attach it to your post.

I shall do that.  I will get back to you.  Thank you.
I am using BktTimeSync Ver 1.11.2 on Windows 10 Pro. I have encountered high CPU use and  "Not Responding" recently.  [attachment=35]

I have attached a copy of my log file and screenshot from File Manager.

I'm not sure what has changed BUT every time Bkt tries to sync it locks up. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick
VE7TK

[attachment=36]
(07-25-2021, 08:31 PM)Rick Wrote: [ -> ]I am using BktTimeSync Ver 1.11.2 on Windows 10 Pro. I have encountered high CPU use and  "Not Responding" recently.  

I have attached a copy of my log file and screenshot from File Manager.

I'm not sure what has changed BUT every time Bkt tries to sync it locks up. Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick
VE7TK

Hi Rick,
some GPS go into power saving when not in use and then it is difficult to reconnect them, for a test, check [Always connected to GPS] and [Sync every] to 60