Maniaradio Forums

Full Version: BKtimeSync & Windows 10 64bit - Stopped working - SOLVED
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been using BKtimeSynch with a uBLox 7 GPS - USB module for a while without any issues.   I have now found that I cannot open the user interfaces screen anymore and the application runs at a full 12.5 % (1/8) of my i7 CPU processing capacity.

I have de-install and reinstall a few times, trying  compatibility modes etc, without resolving this behaviour:  it seems to run once on startup, sets the PC time from the GPS and then locks-up and consumes 12.5% CPU power continuously.
Hi,
BktTimeSync works without problems with Windows 10 64Bit, it is probably incompatible with the USB drivers of your receiver.
Try to change the communication parameters and the maximum error
It is unlikely - it used to work and it is still working, once.
I can also get it the information using a terminal emulator on COM6, which is the port of the GPS USB interface - I am running the uBlox driver.    

I here restarted it at 16h38  = so it gets the time and sets it.
Problem is I cannot get it to open the user interface window to change anything.
Hi,
please send image only as attachment.

Double clicking on the try icon should open the interface.

Otherwise go to the windows registry with regedit, look for the key \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IZ2BKT\BktTimeSync\Setup set StartInTray to zero and restart the PC.
Hi Mauro

Thank you, the interfaces now opens but the program stops responding withing a few seconds 

Windows version 

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎2020/‎07/‎27
OS build 19042.508
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0
Try to check [Always connected to GPS]
Can I set it in the registry, the User interface locks up before I can set it

I set it in the registry - it seems fine now.
Not sure why that tick was not selected and how it changed from selected

Anyway, Thanks for the assistance!

Deon
ZS6DDR
Hi Deon,
thanks for the tests.
Thank you to everyone in the forum.
I will write for the first time. If you make a mistake, delete it.
I will ask you how to set it in the following cases.
(background)
When I started Bktimesync, the version up of the application was displayed, so when I upgraded from 1.11.2 to 1.11.3, it seems to be running, but the setting screen does not start.
When I searched this site, I referred to the Q & A of the person who was asked the same question.
I am using a GPS unit.
(reference)
BktimeSync & Windows 10 64bit -Stopped working -SOLVED

I rewrote the registry in the answer to this question from "1" to "0". It was displayed after setting, but after a while it became unresponsive and could not be used.
Then I tried uninstalling and installing the program, but it didn't improve.
Could you please tell me what kind of response is available?
thank you.
I'm not good at English, so I'm sorry for the unclear points.
This is Roy.
(06-13-2022, 08:17 AM)Roy Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you to everyone in the forum.
I will write for the first time. If you make a mistake, delete it.
I will ask you how to set it in the following cases.
(background)
When I started Bktimesync, the version up of the application was displayed, so when I upgraded from 1.11.2 to 1.11.3, it seems to be running, but the setting screen does not start.
When I searched this site, I referred to the Q & A of the person who was asked the same question.
I am using a GPS unit.
(reference)
BktimeSync & Windows 10 64bit -Stopped working -SOLVED

I rewrote the registry in the answer to this question from "1" to "0". It was displayed after setting, but after a while it became unresponsive and could not be used.
Then I tried uninstalling and installing the program, but it didn't improve.
Could you please tell me what kind of response is available?
thank you.
I'm not good at English, so I'm sorry for the unclear points.
This is Roy.

Hi Roy,
you used too small a font and your post is not visible, however I have extracted the text which I quote in this reply.

In the windows registry put GpSempreConnesso=1 and StartInTray=0 and reboot the computer.
Pages: 1 2