Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BktTimeSync - where has the screen gone??!!
Hi,

I have found this program via Moon-Net. I have had problems in synching my computers for WSJT JT65b (Moonbounce) use where the correct time is vital.

I have installed in my back-up laptop (Windows7) and it works a treat - theinformation screen comes up and I can sync when I want to, change the server etc.

I then installed it in my main computer (also Windows 7) and it worked fine. However, at sometime the information screen has gone. The program is still installed and I have enabled the clock to run on the desktop - it is still there. If I double click on the icon on the desktop a PUW comes up asking me if I 'would allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes..yes / no'. If I hit 'yes' nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling then re-installing but I cannot get the screen back. When I un-install it tells me to stop BktTimeSync from running - this is not possible as I cannot get to the screen in question.

So, 2 questions...

1/ If the desktop clock is working does this mean that the program is fully installed and it is keeping my computer at the correct time?

2/ How do I recover the information screen so I can manually sync, change servers etc?

If all else fails then it will have to be system restore to a previous date but I really do not want to this!!!

Regards, Peter G4URT

Messages In This Thread