Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selected Frequency Scanning
Hi Mauro

I have got involved in tracking a series of high altitude balloons launched from Melbourne. Only very low power ~25mW and transmitting a WSPR and JT9 signal every 10 minutes alternating between 2 bands. ie the 30m and 20m WSPR frequencies. I was trying to get IC7000BKT to scan between these 2 selected frequencies which I have entered in a memory bank. The signals are weak so can't really use the squelch numbers ie S0, S1 etc. I had thought S0 meant any signal strength and could base the switching on one Pause time to another. ie I had set Pause 1 to 300 s and Pause 2 to 300 s thinking that the IC7000 would stay on a frequency for a total of 600 s (10 minutes) then switch to the next frequency. This does not seem to work. I may be doing something wrong with the Pause 1 & Pause 2 settings or maybe I misunderstand the squelch settings.

I have WSJT and WSPR running at the same time to decode the signals from the balloon.

Is what I am trying to do possible or have I misunderstood the settings I need?

Thanks & 73
Lorne
Hi Lorne,
try this:
. put the SQL of rtx to zero so that it is always open
. Pause 1 = 600
. Pause 2 = 0
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Hi Mauro

I can't attach files on the forum so have attached an xps of the log trying to scan between 10.13870 and 14.09560 MHz every 10 minutes using S0 Pause 1 = 600 secs and Pause 2 = 0 secs and sent it to your email.

Not sure what is going on, the times are about right but sometimes frequency does not change and this seems to be what is actually going on with the rig. I made sure both WSPR and WSJT do not have their CAT settings on. I have not recorded it but I almost think with a shorter time it works OK but would need to confirm.

Might be a conflict in timing between the rig and software?

If too hard to fix, don't worry,

Lorne
Hi Lorne,
build a simple plug-in specifically designed for your needs.
When ready I'll tell you the download links in this post.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Wow ! Thanks very much Mauro

Lorne
Hi Lorne,
from the download page IC7000BKT http://www.maniaradio.it/en/ic7000bkten_download.html, download and install BktSwitchMem.
Start IC7000BKT and then BktSwitchMem, set in Pause time to switch from one memory to another, choose the memories to tune and press Start.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Thanks Mauro,

Works well and I can use it to scan HFDL, WSPR etc frequencies. It will be interesting to see how many others find it useful.

73 de Lorne ZL2AHB