Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot connect to program
Good Afternoon,

I'm a quadriplegic who was referred to your software by someone at Ham Radio Deluxe, because your software can change tones for T-SQL, and HRD cannot. BKT allows more control via computer (CAT control).

For some reason, when I loaded it, I cannot connect and I'm forced to Offline Mode and therefore cannot change ports to try; but HRD works fine on Com 5, the com port I'm using. HRD is not open though.

Also, the little box that comes up when I first installed BKT7000 where I set the ports/speed no longer comes up. It just says Com5 isn't working, exit or work offline. How can I change them now?

My system is a Dell Laptop, with a CI-V cable that has both ACC plug and 1/8" plug for the radio (I have to unplug the ACC and only use the 1/8" for HRD).

Keith W5KTT
Hello,

I have tried installing this with and withou the new Key. In the .ini file, the Prolific driver is not used. This device is on Com 5, I know because Ham Radio Deluxe works using my USB-TO-SERIAL interface. I only use the phone plug (1/8") and NOT the fat accessory plug, because that's how HRD works.

How can i get to Setup without uninstalling/reinstalling? What else should I try?

Below is my .ini file

W5KTT

[Setup]
Language=English.lng
TestWrite=15242
L2TSYS=RTJMLTGUGUSRGPB
Baud=19200
Bit=8
RTS=1
DTR=1
PortaModo=0
Indirizzo=112
Parita=N
Driver=
Porta=5
Stop=1
Log=
UTCOffset=AUTO
TimeoutCommand=200
BkgR=0
BkgG=0
BkgB=0
TextR=90
TextG=230
TextB=90
CheckOnR=255
CheckOnG=0
CheckOnB=0
PTTModo=RTTY
PTTPower=20
PTTCopyON=@[on]@
PTTCopyOFF=@[off]@
PTTFront=0
PTTKey=0
UseMemTemp=0
SyncClockStup=0
ScannerTime=0
ToolTips=1
GiorniUpd=30
Latency=0
[TxRx]
Mode=1
TuneSec=5
[CurrentSet]
ResetScannerTime=1
[Cluster]
AutoMode=1
Decimale=46
Moltiplicatore=1000
[S-Meter]
Inferiore=0
Divisore=14
Refresh=200
[AudioRecorder]
AudioFile=AUTO
Front=0
Abilitato=1
Hi Keith,
You have followed the instructions of this post:http://www.iz2bkt.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6 ?

You can try with another USB interface?

I have tested the program with different interfaces and converters USB without problems.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
I know it isn't the USB to Serial, it can't be. It works fine with ham radio deluxe, on the same radio, computer and Interface. Which do you recommend that I try?

Thanks es 73 de W5KTT
One of the interfaces that work better on USB is the RigTalk : http://www.westmountainradio.com/RIGtalk.htm

I am sorry for the problem, but I have tried different interfaces and converters USB and all work, sometimes are only the drivers that are to be updated, other times just change the mode in COM configuration (modo1 or modo2) and everything back to work. I hope it will solve your problem.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
If you still have problems, try this: http://www.maniaradio.it/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Dear administrator, I got rid from my problem by read your shared thread "Connect using VSPE Virtual Serial Ports Emulator" I would like to say you bundle of thanks for helping us.