Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BktTimeSync - where has the screen gone??!!
Hi,

I have found this program via Moon-Net. I have had problems in synching my computers for WSJT JT65b (Moonbounce) use where the correct time is vital.

I have installed in my back-up laptop (Windows7) and it works a treat - theinformation screen comes up and I can sync when I want to, change the server etc.

I then installed it in my main computer (also Windows 7) and it worked fine. However, at sometime the information screen has gone. The program is still installed and I have enabled the clock to run on the desktop - it is still there. If I double click on the icon on the desktop a PUW comes up asking me if I 'would allow the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes..yes / no'. If I hit 'yes' nothing happens.

I have tried uninstalling then re-installing but I cannot get the screen back. When I un-install it tells me to stop BktTimeSync from running - this is not possible as I cannot get to the screen in question.

So, 2 questions...

1/ If the desktop clock is working does this mean that the program is fully installed and it is keeping my computer at the correct time?

2/ How do I recover the information screen so I can manually sync, change servers etc?

If all else fails then it will have to be system restore to a previous date but I really do not want to this!!!

Regards, Peter G4URT
Hi Peter,
try double click on the icon in the system-try
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Hi Mauro,

Thanks for getting back. This program was HIGHLY recommended by several EME operators who use it with GPS modules which is what I will want it for - internet access is a bonus!

If I double click on the Icon I get a Pop Up Window that says 'Do you want the following program from an unknown publisher to make changes to this computer? YES / No.

I select YES and I get back the desktop screen - no information screen.

If I select the program from my Downloads it allows me to install it but again I do not get the information screen.

I have tried running it as an Administrator - no success.

I switched the computer off last night and the clock has now gone from the desktop.

If I go to my C drive I see that there are various BktTimeSync files. If I double click on BktTimeSyncStart I get the same pop up window and no screen.

If I click on BktClock the desktop clock re-appears and is correct to the second. Does this mean that BktTimeSync is working OK to sync the computer for WSJT?

Very strange!!

Peter G4URT
Hi Peter,
BktClock displays the time on the desktop but does not synchronize your PC's clock.

Try this:
1. Stop BktTimeSync and BktClock
2. Start Regedit
3. Download this file http://forum.maniaradio.it/imagespers/bk..._clear.zip
4. Open the zip file and run bkttimesync_clear.reg
5. Confirms all requests from Windows
6. Start BktTimeSync
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Mauro,

Hi - now all OK!

I did not want to play with the registry so I went for a system restore to a point before I loaded BktTimeSync.

This has cured the problem and I now have the main screen back.

I hope that this may be of help to anyone else having the same problem.

Now to go to Windows Update and reload a lot of updates....

Many thanks and 73, Peter