Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ver 1.12.1 starts then unresponsive - SOLVED
I installed version 1.12.0 with Administrator rights on my Win10 laptop. GPS is connected and has drivers. The setup page starts, displays GPS lat/lon, altitude, time, grid square, instantly; then turns gray. I can not change anything from defaults and the screen says "Not responding". After several popups, status shows laptop clock was synched. Windows Task Manager shows BktTimeSync "Not responding". 
I left it running last night, this morning, the taskbar hidden apps showed the icon, but it disappeared after a minute.
I uninstalled ver 1.12.0 and installed 1.12.1; again with administrator rights, same results.

Huh

ANY ideas?
Thanks,
Duane
(09-12-2023, 01:44 PM)KA1LM Wrote: I installed version 1.12.0 with Administrator rights on my Win10 laptop. GPS is connected and has drivers. The setup page starts, displays GPS lat/lon, altitude, time, grid square, instantly; then turns gray. I can not change anything from defaults and the screen says "Not responding". After several popups, status shows laptop clock was synched. Windows Task Manager shows BktTimeSync "Not responding". 
I left it running last night, this morning, the taskbar hidden apps showed the icon, but it disappeared after a minute.
I uninstalled ver 1.12.0 and installed 1.12.1; again with administrator rights, same results.

Huh

ANY ideas?
Thanks,
Duane

Hi Duane,
Try to see if this discussion helps you: https://www.maniaradio.it/forum/showthread.php?tid=485 
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
SOLVED!
Both my Win10 desk and laptops had the same issue.

"go to the windows registry with Regedit, look for the key \HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\IZ2BKT\BktTimeSync\Setup
set GpSempreConnesso=1
set StartInTray=0 (had to add this to the existing list by following the words listed above)

Restart the PC.

WORKED in both cases.

Thanks for the help!
Duane