Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
IC706_BKT configuration page, and getting started
Good afternoon from snowy New Hampshire, USA.

Just getting started with IC706_BKT and so far have not been able to get it to work.

I need an Icom CT-17 or equivalent cable, right?  I have the LCU3-I and OPC-478 cables and they don't work, so I assume I need to get a CT-17 equivalent cable, right?

Second question... how do I get back to the IC-706_BKT configuration page?  When I first started it up it took me to the config page but since then it just takes me to the main page and I can't change the configuration.  I assume there is something I click to take me to the configuration but I don't see it.

The defaults are 19200-8-N-1, RTS and DTR both ON.  Is that the correct configuration to talk to the IC-706MKIIG?

Thanks...

Rick WA1RKT
Londonderry, NH, USA
Catch me on 14.300 MHz Intercon / MMSN most days
Hi Rick,
For the interface, search on eBay for 'ci-v for icom ic-706.' I can't tell you which ones are the best.

To open the configuration page, go to Utility -> Configuration.

For further information, you can consult the PDF manual by downloading it from https://www.maniaradio.it/en/ic706bkt3en_download.html or press the F1 key when you are in the program.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Ordered one of these...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155850473933

When it gets here will report back on results.

Rick WA1RKT
Received the BlueMax49ers CT-17 CI-V cable from bluemax49ers.com and it works reasonably well. I was able to program most of the 99 memories in the 706 within the known limitations. Had to manually program all the PL tones but I knew I'd have to do that... it was a bit of a pain but not too bad. I can program the repeater inputs to VFO B and outputs to VFO A and set "SPLIT", all within the program. So, it works well enough for my needs, and as we know, the limitations aren't anything Mauro can do anything about.

I see that there doesn't appear to be an equivalent program available for the IC-746Pro, is that right?

I also see, however, that there IS one for the IC-7300. I'll try that and report back (in the IC-7300 forum).

Thanks, Mauro.

Rick WA1RKT
Londonderry, NH, USA
Catch me on 14.300 MHz Intercon / MMSN most days
Thank you, Rick, for sharing your tests.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT