Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BKTServer
Hi Mauro,
I have a question on remote operation using BKTServer. The program works as it should locally but if i try to operate using BKTServer I get a Com0 error remotely. I can receive the audio from the server but cannot operate the radio.
I went back to the BKTserver and found that the notes box says error0 each time I press start. Originally when I installed it gave me an ip address for the client but now it does not just the error message.
I have not had it work remotely so far. I have check that the firewall is not interfering and that the port 7060 is available.
Can you offer any assistance?
Regards,
Nick VK6YNE
p.s A great program so far but I would like to be able to operate remotely from my radio. Thanks in advance
VK6YNE Wrote:Hi Mauro,
I have a question on remote operation using BKTServer. The program works as it should locally but if i try to operate using BKTServer I get a Com0 error remotely. I can receive the audio from the server but cannot operate the radio.
I went back to the BKTserver and found that the notes box says error0 each time I press start. Originally when I installed it gave me an ip address for the client but now it does not just the error message.
I have not had it work remotely so far. I have check that the firewall is not interfering and that the port 7060 is available.
Can you offer any assistance?
Regards,
Nick VK6YNE
p.s A great program so far but I would like to be able to operate remotely from my radio. Thanks in advance

Hi Nick,
If the audio works means that the network connection is ok, but there is a problem between the BKTServer connection and the radio.
Verify the BKTServer Serial Port Configuration try changing the values of RTS and DTR. Give me also what kind of interface CI-V uses.
73 Mauro, IZ2BKT
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
Hi Mauro,
The problem appears to be that I had the other computer running the software at the same time. rebooted the server with just BKTServer running and then opened BKTClient on the laptop and all works.
Thank you for the prompt reply, It is nice to see amateurs helping each other. (Great program by the way)
Regards,
Nick VK6YNE
Hello BKT Server User. Today i have installed the Server option at my notebook. It works ufb !!! The problem was i have is as follow. If i have start the BKT server at the remote PC and i connect this server from my notebook, the the soundport change automaticly from Line-In to Microfone. Because i use the Line-In Port for audio from the TRX, i always must change
the soundport at the server computer manually. I cant find an option to select the audio source specifically for Line-In Port in the server software. Anybody an idea ??

73 de Harry, DH3SUP
DH3SUP Wrote:Hello BKT Server User. Today i have installed the Server option at my notebook. It works ufb !!! The problem was i have is as follow. If i have start the BKT server at the remote PC and i connect this server from my notebook, the the soundport change automaticly from Line-In to Microfone. Because i use the Line-In Port for audio from the TRX, i always must change
the soundport at the server computer manually. I cant find an option to select the audio source specifically for Line-In Port in the server software. Anybody an idea ??

73 de Harry, DH3SUP

Hi Harry,
try to change Audio Input.
[Image: BKTServerAudioInput.gif]

73 Mauro, IZ2BKT
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT