Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
program startup
I have IC706_BKT running fine on my Windows 7 machine. But I cannot get the program to even startup on my old Windows XP machine.  I get the message.... "IC706_BKT has encountered a problem and needs to close".  I have XP SP3 installed, no virus, connected radio, serial COM1 @ 19,200 (8,2 bits) and com1 has no errors, I am using version 19.0.0  Any idea what I can do to get the program to start?
Thanks
I tried version 4.19 on Windows XP SP3 and it works fine. Try to delete the IC706_BKT.INI file that you find in the installation folder and make the configuration.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
(04-27-2018, 06:12 AM)iz2bkt Wrote: I tried version 4.19 on Windows XP SP3 and it works fine. Try to delete the IC706_BKT.INI file that you find in the installation folder and make the configuration.
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work. I even used regedit to delete all reference to IC706 and installed a fresh copy. No luck. BTW... sorry for the confusion, I was using 4.19.0.0 version. Must be my WinXP install that is causing the problem.
(04-28-2018, 02:57 AM)Donsass Wrote:
(04-27-2018, 06:12 AM)iz2bkt Wrote: I tried version 4.19 on Windows XP SP3 and it works fine. Try to delete the IC706_BKT.INI file that you find in the installation folder and make the configuration.
Thanks for your suggestion. Unfortunately this did not work. I even used regedit to delete all reference to IC706 and installed a fresh copy. No luck. BTW... sorry for the confusion, I was using 4.19.0.0 version. Must be my WinXP install that is causing the problem.
An update.... did a total WINXP SP3 reinstall and IC706_BKT will not work on my machine for some reason. Does not even start up. Perhaps you could send me an older version 18 to try.
Thank you
Hi,
download from: www.maniaradio.it/dati/IC706BKT4.18.4_Setup.exe
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
(04-30-2018, 08:29 AM)iz2bkt Wrote: Hi,
download from: www.maniaradio.it/dati/IC706BKT4.18.4_Setup.exe

Thank you.
I tried 4.18.4 and it failed as well with the same error. I did a complete disk reinstall of Win XP so there would be no virus etc to interfere. The error seems related to Microsoft Net Frame. I guess this computer is too old and something within the computer is just not compatible.
For any readers of this thread the info is... HP laptop, N600, about 10 years old.  Be cautious when trying to use old stuff as it may cause problems.
The Microsoft net framework is only used for HrdLog's on-air plug-in, try renaming the HrdLogCat.exe file in HrdLogCat_old in the installation folder
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
(05-06-2018, 12:22 PM)iz2bkt Wrote: The Microsoft net framework is only used for HrdLog's on-air plug-in, try renaming the HrdLogCat.exe file in HrdLogCat_old in the installation folder

Thanks.... I have some debugging information now... it says the IC706 program requires a computer that supports SSE2 instructions. My old laptop supports SSE and MMX.  As I understand it, the program should still run (that is startup) just a little slower.
I do not even have the IC706 program even running yet, it will not even start.
I understand SSE2 just adds support for double precision calculations.
Any ideas?
I do not know why it asks SSE2 is probably the compiler that introduces this option, however I do not think that's the problem
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT
(05-10-2018, 10:15 AM)iz2bkt Wrote: I do not know why it asks SSE2 is probably the compiler that introduces this option, however I do not think that's the problem

(05-10-2018, 10:15 AM)iz2bkt Wrote: I do not know why it asks SSE2 is probably the compiler that introduces this option, however I do not think that's the problem

Roger... I am out of ideas at the moment. If I ever solve the problem I will post it so others can have the benefit of a solution.