Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scheduled Task Missing from 1.13.1?
Maybe I messed something up, but I installed 1.13.1 and it would not auto start with Windows. I found a reference to the Scheduled Task here on the forum that launches the program (with privilege to avoid UAC) and noticed I did not have this task. I found the .xml task and imported it, but Windows indicated that it was malformed. I uninstalled everything and found my copy of 1.12.2 and it properly installed the task and worked as expected (after the 2-minute delay). I then updated to 1.13.1 and everything is working properly. 

It's possible that my copy of the 1.13.1 installation file is bad, but that seems unlikely. Just thought I would mention this.

Thanks for an excellent program—I use the GPS on my main server in my home and my other machines NTP into it.
khisel Wrote:Maybe I messed something up, but I installed 1.13.1 and it would not auto start with Windows. I found a reference to the Scheduled Task here on the forum that launches the program (with privilege to avoid UAC) and noticed I did not have this task. I found the .xml task and imported it, but Windows indicated that it was malformed. I uninstalled everything and found my copy of 1.12.2 and it properly installed the task and worked as expected (after the 2-minute delay). I then updated to 1.13.1 and everything is working properly. 

It's possible that my copy of the 1.13.1 installation file is bad, but that seems unlikely. Just thought I would mention this.

Thanks for an excellent program—I use the GPS on my main server in my home and my other machines NTP into it.

Thank you for sharing your experience.
I have checked, and the scheduled task in version 1.12.2 is the same as that in version 1.13.1. I have also tried installing version 1.13.1 on a new PC, and it has successfully created the scheduled task. I don't know why you encountered this issue.
73 de Mauro, IZ2BKT